This course is a part of apprentice roadmap
Do you ever wonder how digital traffic lights work? Have you ever noticed the seven-segment display in digital watches, elevators, football matches, TV satellite receiver or maybe in your car? The seven-segment display is widely used to show numbers. Are you interested in building your own? In this course we will learn everything about seven segments and how to design and build your circuit that can show any number you want on the screen. We will also discover a new concept in electronics engineering which is counter circuits, it can count events, actions, cars passed through garage gates.
We will use the knowledge we gained in previous courses to build a somewhat complex circuit from a schematic to a real fully functional counter circuit with a seven-segment display. We will discover different types of digital ICs; shift register, flipflop, op amps and more.
- Discover seven-segment display and its applications
- Learn how to show any number from 0 to 9 on the display
- Learn how counters work and how to use them.
- Getting introduced to special type of IC; Flipflop, Timer, Shift Register, Decoders
- Learn how to read a datasheet for an electronics component.
- Seven segments display
- Shift registers, Flip Flops, Decoders, Encoders
- Decoding / Encoding